Sunday, October 21, 2007

Its official...

Well, its official, we are Dominican residents until January 27 instead of November 30. Well at least thats when our flight leaves. We've started looking around for another place to stay as our unit is rented out for Dec & Jan (not too mention that we are not all that happy with our landlord).

Today's weather report...
Few kites, light wind and mostly sunny skies - Although it is raining as I post this at 11 at night.

Well, Matt has taken on his most difficult student ever... ME!!!

I flew the trainer kite again today on the beach and did much better than last time. I only managed to crash it once!!! This is my second time with the trainer kite and it made a lot more sense this time. He is planning on taking me on a "drag" through the water within the next couple of days and if that goes well, I'll fly the inflatable (i.e. regular kite) on the beach before taking it into the water. We're taking it very slowly and making sure that I am comfortable with each step before we go onto the next one. I don't have any pictures of me flying the kite (we see who takes pictures of who!!) but we'll get some soon.

Hasta manana...

No comments: