Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kiting... and Greece...

We had great weather today. It started out rather cloudy and overcast, but the winds came up this afternoon. Matt was excited as he got to sail his new 10 meter EH kite which he prefers because it is a faster kite. I got some great photos of him jumping and also some good photos of some friends kiting. I want to do a great layout of a sequence of jumps that I caught this afternoon (hopefully tomorrow).

I also managed to finish a scrapbook page of our last day in Athens (June 18) before we headed out to Crete. I had forgotten just how busy we were during those days until I realized that it took me 3 double page layouts (or 6 pages) just to finish the day.

Because of this layout with the very large photo of the Acropolis, I am only going to show both pages together because it looks a little strange to see one page at a time.

{click to enlarge image}
Credits:
Based on a sketch by Page Maps
All papers, embelishments, alphabets (recolored) are from thedailyscrap.com's "Ides of March" kit
(I had originally bought this kit to do all the Athens photos, but I lost track of it and just found it)
Photos are from Matt & Angela

Journaling reads:

We made the trip back to Omonia Square to have chicken pitas at the Neon. We rested until about 6:00pm and then set out for Filopappous Hill with wine and cheese for a sunset shot of the Acropolis. After dinner at Stifros we boarded the metro back to our hotel. We enjoyed the view of the Acropolis from the rooftop of the restaurant.


No comments: