Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sunny days have returned!!

Just a quick note to let you know how we are faring down here after the Tropical Storm. We are so glad to see our wonderful clear blue skies return. We really haven't had clear sunny days since October before Tropical Storm Noel moved through.

The last couple of days have been beautiful and almost chilly. Yeah I know, compared to most of you and your ice/snow storms its HOT, but for here it actually is a bit chilly. You really want the sun to be out otherwise you are a bit chilly on the beach in your bathing suit (Yeah, now I know that I am just rubbing it in). If its any consolation, we are going to FREEZE when we go home.

The winds have been rather light, but Matt has managed to kite the last three days. I'm hoping the wind comes up soon so I can get some more good pictures to share. Today, the wind was rather light so he took out a friends surf board with his kite (sorry I missed that).


We've started to collect a journal of our thoughts on living down here. I thought I'd share a few of them with you every now and then...
  • I can't remember the last time I wore shoes out to dinner.
  • Did you know that one individually wrapped Halls cough drop is equal to one Dominican Peso (their currency) and that they are frequently given as change when the grocery store does not have pesos?
  • Did you know that the afore mentioned Halls cough drop comes in a Watermelon flavor (boy was that a surprise when red wasn't cherry)?
  • Did you know that it is possible to live for months without an oven and a microwave? Possible but definitely not convenient.
  • We can't remember the last time we woke up to an alarm clock.
I think thats all we have for now.

Happy Holidays!!!
A & M

No comments: