Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sandy Hook - New Jersey

Just a quick note to catch up. As you might of guessed, I am busy scrapping away and have been desperately trying to get caught up after taking a week off to spend in New York. I have a couple of really cute pages that I'll finish up in the morning and share with you tomorrow.

We've had good wind the past couple of days and Matt has sailed quite a bit. He went with friends yesterday to La Boca (where we wake board) and it was OK. No wind today so we've just hung out, cleaned the apartment and cooked a lot.

Speaking of New York I just realized that we've never shared any pics from there so I thought I'd take this opportunity to do so. Pay special attention to the clothing - Yes, it was cold as He... and of course living daily in bathing suits meant we had NO clothes to take with us!!! We bought some new flannel lined jeans (THANK HEAVEN for LL Bean) and had them shipped to Annie's in NY. We were never so thankful to have warm clothes as we were there. When I was taking a few pictures of the skyline I could only stay on the balcony for about 2 photos before the cold wind would drive me inside!!


Here are some photos from our first full day. Annie played tour guide (after our trip to Target for clothes and shoes for me since sandals weren't going to make it there). I do have to say that I've never been so happy to see a Target in my life!!! Its amazing what a little shopping can do.

As she drove us around the small towns on the Jersey shore, we started back to her home and she drove us out to Sandy Hook. Its a great little peninsula that we saw from their balcony. As we were driving onto the hook, we saw kites up so of course we had to go investigate. Keep in mind as you view these pictures that it is about 40 degrees out with the wind blowing at about 30 knots - COLD and WINDY as (well you know where). Can you believe there were kite-surfers out???? NOT ME!!! Give me warm Caribbean water and 85 degrees any day!!!

Here are the kiters and Annie and I huddled together against the wind. If you look in the background, the big tall building is where they live.






No comments: