Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Look at the size of these things...

I've been trying to get a good picture of a kite when its not flying to give you an idea of how big they are and how much power is in them. Our friend, Jay, got to be the guinea pig today and I still could not get the entire kite in the picture. This picture is of Jay launching Kim's 7 meter kite. It is quite a small kite (keep in mind that Matt sails a 10 & 14 meter mostly) and I only got a little over 3/4 of it in the photo. I'll keep trying to get a good photo to show you the true size of the larger kites.


As you might have guessed, it was windy today so we played at the beach for a bit. My heel is still really bothering me so I've kept to my chair (other than to launch & land Matt). I took a few photos today and got some good ones of Jay & Kim and Matt. Nothing spectacular, but not too bad for a light wind day.

We had our Spanish lesson this morning and we are learning lots of new vocabulary. Note to self, must find more time to study!! We are going back to the school tomorrow evening to speak to the children of the school that are learning English. It should be interesting to speak to them.

I think thats about it tonight!!!

No comments: