Saturday, October 13, 2007

Scrappin Away...

Matt is teaching today as we have a bit of wind so I'm taking advantage of the quiet time to get some scrapbooking done. I've completed a couple of pages while participating in some challenges.

Here is the first one that I did of our time here in Dominican. This one was created for an ad challenge at designer digitals.

This is the image that the challenge is based on:

And this is the layout that I created based on it. The background photo is of the point that separates us from Kite beach. Its always a beautiful site to see all the kites just off the point. I retouched the image by giving it an overall blue/black & white tint and then created a mask to let the actual colors of the kites come through.

{click on image to enlarge}

Credits for Cabarete:

Based on a template by Katie Pertiet for designerdigitals.com 10-07 ad challenge
Papers by Lynn Grieveson
Palm trees & flowers by Atomic Cupcake's "Paradise Bay" kit
Photos by Angela


This is the second page that I finished today as part of our wedding scrapbook. I'm still working on the reception and there are so many good photos that I'm having trouble getting them all into the album. This page was created based on a challenge at godigitalscrapbooking.

Here is the original template designed by Andrea:


These are all photos taken by our photographer, Jason Smith and I've retouched them to get the right mood for the layout. In the largest picture, I added a deep blur to the background to make us stand out even more. I have no idea what I was giggling at!!!
{click on image to enlarge}

Credits for First Dance:

Template by Andrea Gold's Sketch challenge @ godigitalscrapbooking.com
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3253
Papers & ribbons by Andrea Gold's Making Music Kit
Word art by Cottagearts.net's Wedding Kit
Photography by Jason Smith (retouched by Angela)

No comments: